[opencms-dev] pls Help

Christian Steinert christian_steinert at web.de
Mon Feb 16 23:32:28 CET 2009

>> Hi Sebarsian,
>>
>> I've been working alot to find my language (amharic) analyzer for lucene as well as for opencms, but till now i couldn't find any. May be what I'm thinking is to write some code for the lucene, and then try to use that one in opencms. Well actually i'm not sure enough the lucene used inside the opencms is identical to the source code available for lucene. If there is any idea, please let me know.
>>

> Yes - opencms uses lucene from http://lucene.apache.org/. All Analyzers
> that exist for modern versions of Lucene should also be usable with OpenCms.
> Of course, it could be that no analyzer exists for your Language.
> Writing analyzers requires knowing the language well and also requires
> knowing a lot about Lucene and some things about language processing.
> Because of this, for many languages, nobody has managed yet to write an
> Analyzer yet.

P.S. you do not absolutely NEED an analyzer for your language.
An Analyzer will give much better search result because it will find
words even, if an ending is added to the word.

But you can always use the English analyzer to have at least some search
functionality. The result will not be perfect because the search engine
will only fine those words that are exactly identical to what you search
for, but at least the search will work in some way

Best Regards
Christian