[opencms-dev] Repeated (daily) crashes of OpenCms 7.0.5

Manfred Schenk manfred.schenk at zerobyte.de
Wed Feb 18 17:47:07 CET 2009

Nick Straguzzi schrieb:
> All:
>
> We're in need of some good admin assistance from the OpenCms community to help us figure out the cause of repeated system crashes on our new server.  Please, if any of the stuff below looks familiar to you, let us know ASAP!  Thanks in advance  - Nick
>

> THE PROBLEM:
>
> Once a day (usually during the nighttime hours), OpenCms stops responding.  The logs and error messages are of little help.  The problem always ends in a stack overflow, but the root cause is never listed.  Thus it is extraordinarily difficult for us to figure out what's going on.  Bouncing Tomcat always clears up the problem for another 24 hours or so.

Hi, could you describe your installation a bit further?

Do you use a "Standard" installation or use some extra-stuff like
"stripping away the opencms prefixes of the URLs" or a combination of
apache and tomcat?

I also had a stack overflow some months ago when I misconfigured the
440-handler so that it had been called recursively until the stack
overflowed.

Regards,
Manfred

--
| Manfred Schenk              | born between RFC638 and RFC640
| PGP-Keys unter              |