[opencms-dev] pls Help

Christian Steinert christian_steinert at web.de
Mon Mar 9 07:13:19 CET 2009

bekalu mamo ha scritto:
> Hi,
>
> As you have said the standard analyzer works for amharic contents but with a compromise in its efficiency. for the last couple of weeks I have tried to develop an amharic analyzer by getting the source code from lucene project. The analyzer works fine for me when I test it by adding as a library to other classes. So inorder to use that analyzer in opencms, I take the jar file (lucene-analyzers-2.3.1.jar) which is the one having the amharic analyzer integrated in it and then substitute this one with the lucene-analyzers-2.3.1.jar file that exists in the opencms library folder, then I added the analyzer in opencms-search.xml file. When I check to index amharic contents, all that I got was ...skipped, hence I just swapped only the locale (not the class) of am and en, then the analyzer class for Amharic indexes my file with en locale
>

> but the standard analyzer will not index any thing with am locale.
This cannot be the reason for your problem. Lucene Analyzers analyse
anything that you give them. I don't know what is going on, but you
should really check the opencms configurtion of your search indexes. The
indexing might be bad, but it must be possible to index and kind of
content with the standard indexer (in other words by using locale "en"
in your opencms indexing settings).

When you have gotten your opencms indexing to with the standard
analyzer, then you should try again to switch to your own search locale
that uses your own Analyzer.
>  I'm confused what to do b/c the new analyzer works when the
>  locale parameter in the opencms-search is changed to like en or de but existing analyzer classes will not work with am locale.
Did you really just change the locale? To me, it sounds like a problem
with your index sources/indexes in the opencms configuration.

Best Regards
Christian