[opencms-dev] DeepThoughts example - Error while creating new blog from blog home page

Christian Steinert christian_steinert at web.de
Mon Mar 9 07:16:34 CET 2009

Kesarkar, Dipak ha scritto:
> Hi,
>

> I have installed DeepThoughts example in OpenCms 7.0.5.
>

> I am getting Blogs Home page where I can edit & delete the blogs.
>
> When I try to create new blog (By clicking on direct edit button <new>),
> I get org.opencms.file.CmsVfsResourceAlreadyExistsException
>

> What I have observed is, DeepThoughts example is not providing the name
> of the new VFS blog file to be created.
>
> Instead blog folder name is passed which already exists and hence
> org.opencms.file.CmsVfsResourceAlreadyExistsException.
>

> Can someone suggest me how to solve this problem?

I don't have a real solution but you should know that direct edit
creates resources by using a base name and appending numbers to that
name. In other words - the names are assigned automatically by opencms.
It could be that you need to create the first file by hand in the
opencms explorer and call it in the right way so that the frontend
editing will later work. I think to remember sth. like that.

Please look into how resource collectors work and how the automatic
naming for files works when creating them through direct edit.

hope that helps a little
Christian