[opencms-dev] problem of writing java bean class on OpenCms.

Saroj Bhatarai saroj.bhatarai at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 07:44:41 CET 2009

Hi, i am confused about one thing. As i told earlier, i have written my java
in eclipse, and i want to import OpenCms library files for using them in my
project. I looked at lib folder where i have setup OpenCms, but i didn't
found any jar files which can import below mentioned classes:
org.opencms.file.CmsFile
org.opencms.file.CmsProject
............................................ and so on.

I am just new to opencms, so dont have much idea, Just wondering where to
find those library files by which i can import and use them for above
mentioned classes.

Thank you

On Mon, Mar 9, 2009 at 7:50 AM, Christian Steinert <
christian_steinert at web.de> wrote:

> > thanks for your information. i tried to find in book the way of
> > importing java files written on eclipse, but couldn't get it. if you
> > can explain me briefly how to do that in OpenCms, i will really
> > appreciate your help.
> >
> > Thank you.
>
> There are two ways to get your code into opencms:
> First way (the clean way)
> 0. Program in Eclipse whatever Java code you like; import the Jar files
> into eclipse so that you can use things like the CmsObject class in your
> Java code
> 1. Create a jar that contains your classes
> 2. Create a module in opencms
> 3. Upload the jar file into opecms: the jar file must be placed inside of
> opencms into the lib folder of your opencms module
> 4. Publish your module folder in opencms
> 5. You may need to restart opencms after publishing has finished (this
> depends on how your servlet container is configured).
>
> ___
> Second way (quick qnd dirty)
> 1. Create a jar that contains your classes
> 2. Copy your jar file into the WEB-INF\lib folder of your opencms
> installation (this time, this is a folder in the real file system, not
> inside of the opencms filesystem).
> 3 You may need to restart opencms after publishing has finished (this
> depends on how your servlet container is configured).
>
> Hope that helps.
> Best regards
> Christian
>

> > On Sun, Mar 8, 2009 at 11:03 PM, Christian Steinert <christian_
> > steinert at web.de> wrote:
> > Saroj Bhatarai ha scritto:
> >
> > > Hi all,I am new to OpenCms and i am trying to do one one sample
> > project from
> > > book OpenCms 7 development. It says to write a custom java class
> > when making
> > > project on OpenCms, but i am confused where to write that customer
> > java
> > > class. I can only create new html, jsp, etc file from OpenCms
> > explorer
> > > window. So, i would like to know who to create this java class and
> > in which
> > > folder i have to put this file.
> > >
> > You write that class outside of opencms - usually with a Java
> > development environment like Eclipse.
> > You do this by importing the opencms classes into your project and
> > writing java classes. When you are finished with this, you can import
> > your classes into an opencms module and use them there.
> >
> > The opencms book has examples on how to get started with eclipse for
> > things like that
> >
> > Best Regards
> > Christian

> > --