[opencms-dev] External link to same host:port

Pere Torrodellas ptorrodellas at fihoca.com
Fri Mar 27 09:44:06 CET 2009

Hello,

I need to create an OpenCMS External Link for our navigation menu to point to another application in the same server, without specifying the host:port because it must work in different hosts. In a regular html page I can do this with a link of the form:

and in a regular jsp with:

response.sendRedirect("../myOtherApplication");

The trouble is that unless I specifically include html://myHost:myPort in the External Link, OpenCms insists in prepending "/opencms/opencms/..." to whatever I put in the Link URL, so it doesn't work.

Being an EXTERNAL link, shouldn't OpenCms use the URL as defined, without any change? Can someone suggest how to solve this (other than with an ugly patch in the navigation menu building code)?

Thanks!

Pere