[opencms-dev] webdav & resource types

Markus Grabner grabner at icg.tugraz.at
Tue Mar 31 14:20:01 CEST 2009

Am Samstag 21 März 2009 schrieb Markus Grabner:
> 	Hi!
>
>     Is it possible to modify resources of type "plain" via webdav? I tried
> two different webdav clients (cadaver and konqueror), I can browse the VFS,
> upload new and delete existing "plain" resources, but it is not possible to
> modify (i.e., overwrite) a "plain" resource (the client reports a
> successful operation, but the content is unmodified). Other resource types
> (e.g., "jsp" and "xmlpage") are not affected and can be updated via webdav
> as expected.
>
> Is there a configuration entry to explicitly enable webdav modification
> of "plain" resources? I couldn't find any resource type specific notes in
> the opencms webdav documentation.
I could reproduce the problem on a "fresh" opencms installation. Is webdav
supposed to work for updating arbitrary resources in the VFS, or are there
any known issues with it?

	Thanks & kind regards,
		Markus

--
Markus Grabner - Computer Graphics and Vision
Graz University of Technology, Inffeldgasse 16a/II, 8010 Graz, Austria