[opencms-dev] new build for JPA driver

Yves Glodt yg at mind.lu
Tue Mar 31 16:12:12 CEST 2009

Hello Georgi,

I try to install the new release with Firebird 2.0 on debian lenny, but I
fail... Can you tell me the exact parameters for "connection string" and
"database" in the setup wizard?

Whatever I tried, I failed with the following errormessages:

Error connecting to database using:
"jdbc:firebirdsql://localhost://storage/firebird/opencms.fdb".

or

Error connecting to database using:
"jdbc:firebirdsql://localhost:/storage/firebird/opencms.fdb".

Somehow the installer tries to append the "database" parameter to the
"connection string" param.

I tried to foolish the installer by putting
jdbc:firebirdsql://localhost:/storage/firebird as "connection string" and
opencms.fdb as "database", which it then concatenated well but it still
produced an error (the second of the both above to be precise)

Note: As far as I can see the jaybird driver is included in your packages, so
I did not install it to the tomcat libs folder.

And idea what goes wrong here?

Best regards and thanks for your effort!
yves