[opencms-dev] Reason: VFS target resource was already included earlier.

Beejal Kamdar beejal.k at mavericklabel.com
Wed Apr 1 22:52:45 CEST 2009

Hi All,

I have the following JSP template in one of my module.

<%@ page session="false" %>
  <%@ taglib prefix="cms"
   uri="http://www.opencms.org/taglib/cms" %>

   <!DOCTYPE html public "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
   <head>
   <title><cms:property name="Title" escapeHtml="true"/></title>
   <link href="<cms:link><cms:property name="resource-path"/
 >SpryAssets/SpryTooltip.css</cms:link>" rel="stylesheet" type="text/
css" />
   <cms:editable/>
   </head>
   <h1><cms:property name="Title" escapeHtml="true"/></h1>

   <cms:template element="body">
   <cms:include element="body" editable="true"/>
   </cms:template>

When I try to execute this template with an include for editable, it
gives me the error as :

javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: javax.servlet.ServletException: VFS
target resource "/system/modules/com.mavericklabel.frontend.maverick/
templates/testTemplate" was already included earlier.
Reason: VFS target resource "/system/modules/
com.mavericklabel.frontend.maverick/templates/testTemplate" was
already included earlier.

If I remove the include statement <cms:include element="body"
editable="true"/>, then it executes and works fine but does not show
up the editable section.

I went through a lot of documentation but couldn't figure out the
reason for this error. I want an editable section to be displayed
through my JSP template. Can anyone please help me to get out of this.

Thanks
Beejal