[opencms-dev] Suggestion for OpenCms.org website structure

Mathias Lin | SYSVISION mail at mathiaslin.com
Sat Apr 4 04:33:27 CEST 2009

I have a suggestion how to improve the OpenCms website structure:

Even for me as a frequent OpenCms user/implementer, I'm always searching for
product info / feature list on the OpenCms website and it always takes me
too much time to find it. I think simply because the website navigation
isn't very intuitive - even more for the regular end user:

I'd be expecting to find at least an item "Product" where it would list all
the product features. On the OpenCms website, that navigation item is named
"Support", under which I understand more of a 'after-sales' support section
- I wouldn't expect the feature list to be there.

Furthermore, I think for the end user it's better to have a complete feature
list at first sight, and not the 'new features' that have been added into
each version (v5 to v7). I think for the end user, he doesn't really care
too much which features are newly added, he'd like to know which features
(all of them) are in the latest version.

-----
Mathias Lin
SYSVISION Ltd., China
http://www.sysvision.com