[opencms-dev] Folder Synchronization Exclusion lists?

Claus Priisholm cpr at codedroids.com
Thu Apr 23 21:13:30 CEST 2009

While it would be great to see some kind of filtering built into
synchronization, the "intermediate folder" approach does work if you use
Ant's sync, i.e. something like this inside your Ant target:

<sync todir="/sync-dir/system/modules/my.module/"
includeEmptyDirs="true"
overwrite="false"
verbose="false">
     <fileset dir="/workspace-dir/system/modules/my.module/" />
     <preserveInTarget>
         <include name="**/#synclist.txt"/>
     </preserveInTarget>
</sync>

This way you will not end up with all files in the sync-dir being
touched - only the ones that have changes.

Tim Daschner wrote:
> Hi Herman,
>
> Thank you! I tried this approach, however, in my trial, ant copies and
> gives new timestamps to all files regardless of whether they were
> changed or not... this marks all files as changed in the workplace
> leading to a confused publish queue... That is not desirable in my
> world... but thanks for the idea; i appreciate it.
>
> Best,
> Tim
>
> On Mon, Apr 20, 2009 at 10:19 PM, Hernan Leoni <hernan.leoni at globant.com
> <mailto:hernan.leoni at globant.com>> wrote:
>
>     Hi,
>     I usually have an intermediate folder
>     so, in order to sync with opencms I have two steps
>
>     1 - ant task to copy from svn client folders to intermediate folder
>     2 - sync to opencms
>
>     then, in the ant task I'm able to filter svn hidden folders and some
>     other resources
>
>     hope this helps
>
>     hernan
>

>     Tim Daschner wrote:
>      >
>      > Hello,
>      >
>      > Is there any way to exclude certain folders from the workplace
>      > synchronization list? I want to exclude SVN folder such as .svn…
>      >
>      > Thanks in Advance!
>      >
>      > Tim Daschner