[opencms-dev] anyway to do an incremental static export?

Christian Steinert christian_steinert at web.de
Sun Apr 26 14:48:30 CEST 2009

You can define sub-sets that are exported independently by defining a regular expression that serves as a condition and another regular expression that defines which resources should be exported in this case.

Alternatively I think there is also an option to only export those individual resources that were changed - but I have not used it and I don't precicely remember how it worked anymore. If you have a template-driven site, then it is usually not enough to only re-export those resources that were changed.

A third option is static export on demand. This is like a file-based page cache, where exported pages are created when being requested for the first time. When something is exported, then with this method the exported resources are deleted again, to enforce their re-creation with current data, when the next request comes in.

hth
Christian