[opencms-dev] setup problem

Mathias Lin | SYSVISION mail at mathiaslin.com
Sun May 3 17:24:57 CEST 2009

Check also the setup.log in WEB-INF/logs  under the opencms app folder. Is
the line you mention also the line in the log file? Any errors in there?

Despite the stopping of the setup screen, can you see the OpenCms welcome
page when you call the URL, i.e.
http://localhost:8080/opencms/opencms/ or under whatever URL you have it
running?

David Goodenough wrote:

> I installed OpenCMS on a machine, and then went through the setup wizard
> in which I answered all the questions and got to the Import modules step
> which
> rattled away for a long time, but then stopped for no apparent reason.
>
> The log on the screen has at the top -
>
> 16834:  ----  ... finished writing export points
>
> and while the status clock is still going round (I left it going over
> night)
> nothing else is happening.
>
> I have looked in the Tomcat logs, and there are no errors shown other than
> the expected one that the setup wizard needs to be run.
>
> If I try to start another session I get the message that setup has not
> been
> run.
>
> I am running on a Linux Debian sid system, with Java 6 (-13-1), and Tomcat
> 6 ((6.0.18-3) with OpenCMS 7.0.5.  I am using Postgresql 7.4.12-1 (yes I
> know this is old, there is an old system which is tied to it on the same
> machine which I really must get around to upgrading one day).
>
> Anyone got any ideas as to how to work out why it has stopped?
>
> David

-----
Mathias Lin
SYSVISION Ltd., China