[opencms-dev] OpenCMS minimum requirements

webmaster at hallumssystems.com webmaster at hallumssystems.com
Sun May 24 18:34:29 CEST 2009

Hi everybody,

We're in the process of expanding our company and, of course, our website
to match the new services we've added. Thus, we've unanimously agreed that
OpenCMS will be our solution for a CMS and NOT a Joomla/Drupal solution.

Upon our first implementation of it, we had encountered some errors,
primarily Java heap stack errors. Currently our Virtual Private Server is
running with 256 MB of RAM, which we realized is NOT enough. Would 512 MB
of RAM (on a Virtual Private Server) be a sufficient minimum for our site
or would it be better for us to switch from a Virtual Private Server to a
DEDICATED SERVER with 1 GB RAM?

Thanks in advance,

TL