[opencms-dev] How to know the contentload result size prior to looping?

Sacha ocms at sachav.be
Mon May 25 15:03:33 CEST 2009

Hi,

I have a bit of a basic problem here. I can't seem to find a solution for
when I try to find the number of results of a contentload without looping
through the results.
E.g.:

<cms:contentload collector="allInFolder" param="${philosophiesPath}|
philosophy">
    <cms:contentinfo var="info" />
    <%-- Some initialization based on the result size in the "info"
variable. --%>
    <%-- After the initialization all results must be looped. --%>
</cms:contentload>

If I do it this way, the initialization of the variables naturally occurs
for every result.
Another problem I am confronted with is that the div with id "philosophies"
should be displayed only when there is at least one result for the
contentload.
If I can solve one problem the second one is solved in the same way
ofcourse.

Thanks,

Sacha