[opencms-dev] debugging Error 500

Mathias Lin | SYSVISION mail at mathiaslin.com
Mon May 25 18:03:44 CEST 2009

When you open the page in the 'offline' project, you usually get a stack
trace right on the screen (or after clicking the  Details... button on the
error page.

For the 'online' project, you can check the log file under
WEB-INF/logs/opencms.log for the stack trace.

Christoph P. Kukulies wrote:

> My first index.html page in /sites/mysite throws an error 500.
> How can I debug this error 500 to find out what the cause is.
> To me this is one of the weirdest things with OpenCms/Tomcat that
> you (me) never knows how to effectively debug such a situation
> when this opencms error 500 info page comes up. Not the slightest hint
> where an why it is thrown.

-----
Mathias Lin
SYSVISION Ltd., China