[opencms-dev] why a default template at all?

Mathias Lin | SYSVISION mail at mathiaslin.com
Tue May 26 03:31:01 CEST 2009

What are you trying to achieve / why is the default template bothering?

A simple text page (of resource type 'plain') does not throw this error,
only structured content (using an xsd).
The use case doesn't get clear to me - can you give an example where you'd
use structured content (do you?) but no template to it?

You could just create an empty template and assign it as the default
template for all structured content where you don't want the OpenCms default
template/error message to display.
The default templates are defined in the opencms-modules.xml config file.

Or just create a jsp page/resource instead of a structured content element
(but depends on whatever you're trying to do).

Christoph P. Kukulies wrote:

> I notice that in 7.0.5 when a page (e.g. simple text page) has no
> template property, a red colored /!\ - template comes up with the page
> saying "This is the default OpenCms template, since the template for this
> resource is not configured correctly."
>
> Why is that? Can this behaviou be disabled somewhere?

-----
Mathias Lin
SYSVISION Ltd., China
http://www.sysvision.com