[opencms-dev] search fields, structured content, xpath statements

Beyer Detlef fangmich at medienkonzepte.de
Tue May 26 12:23:03 CEST 2009

Hi (another try to get help on this topic),

I still have major problems with the definition of search fields for
nested structured content documents.

If I have one XSD-file with an element "Person" this one has a custom
type and in the XSD-definition of this type I have an element "Name".
Now I would like to search all documents including the values entered
into the field "Name".

Only this XPath statement as property in the field definition works:

Person[1]/Name[1]

But this one will return only the first hit and I need all persons to
be included in my search index.

Not working valid XPath statements are:

Person/Name
Person[1]/Name
Person[1]/Name[1], Person[1]/Name[2], Person[1]/Name[3], ...
Person/*

This is a real show stopper for me :(

Cheers,

Detlef