[opencms-dev] Publish with related resources: imagegallery / downloadgallery

Mathias Lin | SYSVISION mail at mathiaslin.com
Thu Jun 4 07:44:22 CEST 2009

I found a solution for the problem.

In org.opencms.relations.CmsRelationType.java, line 100, I changed the
second parameter from false to true:
public static final CmsRelationType HYPERLINK = new CmsRelationType(1, "A",
true, true);
making links 'strong' links.

Now it works (even external links are being ignored as expected) but I
wonder why is this hardcoded and set to false by default? Will there be any
side effects?

I found that without my above modification to the core code, even setting
the following relations-setting in my xsd (LinkX being a OpenCmsVfsFile)
would still recognize the LinkX as 'weak', not strong, even though it's set
to strong.

<relations>
  <relation element="LinkX" type="strong" invalidate="node" />
</relations>

(on OpenCms7.0.5 built from CVS)

Mathias Lin | SYSVISION wrote:

> The following issue seems to be very trivial, but I just cannot find a way
> to configure it properly:
>
> I'm editing a structured content page with a html widget in v7.0.5
>
> In this html text field, I embed
> A) a link via download gallery to a newly uploaded pdf file
> B) a link via download gallery to a newly uploaded image
> C) embed an image via image gallery (newly uploaded image)
>
> When I publish the page and select "Publish with related resources", only
> the embedded image via image gallery (C) is recognized as a related
> resources, not A) and B).
> Why and where to configure that? Why are links embedded via download
> gallery not handled similar to an embedded image via image gallery?
>

> I only found this thread in the mailing list about similar topic, but not
> specifically about the above problem.
> http://www.nabble.com/Re:-Page-with-links-to-other-pages-td15674082.html#a15770006
>
> Thanks for any hint!

-----