[opencms-dev] Please clarify

Christoph P. Kukulies kuku at physik.rwth-aachen.de
Sun Jun 7 18:39:47 CEST 2009

On Sat, Jun 06, 2009 at 04:57:57PM +0530, Karthik wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am new to OpenCms, our company is looking for a Java based CMS and we are
> exploring features of OpenCms.
>
> Please clarify these doubts
>

>    1. Does OpenCms support versioning at folder level, i.e. if a new
>    document is added to a folder can the version number of folder be changed?

Since I saw no answer from the developers or inventors yet here, bear with
me if I say my humble opinion and may say something wrong:

I believe that is not the case. Folders in the VFS (virtual file system)
work like directory nodes in Unix or other OSs.

>    2. Can documents be copied across folders?

Yes, you can copy, move or link (cp,mv,ln) documents within the VFS.