[opencms-dev] Setting manual Content-Type header from a jsp

Stephan Hartmann hartmann at metamesh.de
Mon Jun 15 23:01:04 CEST 2009

Hi Mike,

the reason why your attempts for setting the content type by either
using the response object or the contentType attribute in the page
directive is that the JSP is usually embedded by using the include
dispatcher of the request. From within an included webapp resource
(either servlet or JSP or filter) there is no way to modify response
headers, as defined in the servlet spec.
For your case, it would be sufficent to set the cache property of your
JSP to "bypass" which will lead to a forward instead of an include, what
will give you control over your response headers as well. Note that you
will lose flex cache functionality with that property set.
Another way to set response headers from an included JSP would be to get
hold of the top response object through the CmsFlexController object of
your request.

Regards,
Stephan