[opencms-dev] Remove /opencms/opencms with OpenCms 7.5

Yves Glodt yg at mind.lu
Mon Jun 15 23:07:32 CEST 2009

Hi,

I have a running setup of OpenCms 7.0.4 where I removed the
/opencms/opencms prefix by installing as ROOT.war in combinations with
apache url rewriting.

I am playing with 7.5 now and wonder if I can remove /opencms/opencms
without url-rewriting? I have installed 7.5 as well as ROOT.war

I have tried what is written in the web.xml file (Changing the servlet
name from "opencms" to something else requires 2 changes in this file.)
but it did not work... The only changes I made to web.xml were these:

<context-param>
<param-name>OpenCmsServlet</param-name>
<param-value>/*</param-value>
</context-param>

<servlet-mapping>
<servlet-name>OpenCmsServlet</servlet-name>
<url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
</servlet-mapping>

Theoretically this should remove the second /opencms, shouldn't it?

I run OpenCms in a dedicated <Service><Engine><Host ...> so that's why I
prefer the way without url rewriting.

Best regards,
Yves