[opencms-dev] Antwort: Re: Antwort: Re: How to write into Frontend User-Forms?

Frank Pertack fpertack at vater-gruppe.de
Tue Jun 16 10:54:33 CEST 2009

Hi Mathias,

thank your for your answer.
I will try, what you suggested.

I have defined a telefoneentry.xsd shema-file.
The files with the data are built by a Template-two Listbox file.
The files that are produced are files with a name like "employee_0001.html
..." and contain the data of the employees.
In these files is controlcode included (xml). So I guess these are
xml-contents, correct?

Now I developed a jsp, that lists up all the generated html-files. When a
registrated user selects his file he shall see his data in a editable
frontend form (other users shall only be able to see the data read-only).
That works fine but I miss the method by which I am able to save the
changes the user has done to his Entry.

So I hope, I have some success with your snippet.  If you think by reading
the before-mentioned I should change something I would be delighted if you
could inform me about that.

Thank you again.

Best regards

Frank Pertack

Vater Solution GmbH
Liebigstraße 26
24145 Kiel

Telefon: +49 431 20084-210
Telefax: +49 431 20084-222
Mobil: +49 151 16353519
mailto: fpertack at vater-gruppe.de
http://www.vater-gruppe.de

Amtsgericht Kiel, HRB 6403
Geschäftsführer:
Klaus-Hinrich Vater
Michael Wiese
-----
Diese Email enthält ggfs. vertrauliche und/oder rechtlich geschützte
Informationen. Wenn Sie nicht der richtige Adressat sind oder diese Email
vernichten Sie diese Email. Das unerlaubte Kopieren sowie die unbefugte
Weitergabe dieser Email sind nicht gestattet.

|------------>
| Von:       |
|------------>
|------------>
| Datum:     |
|------------>
  |15.06.2009 17:20                                                                                                                                  |
|------------>
| Betreff:   |
|------------>
  |Re: [opencms-dev] Antwort: Re: How to write into Frontend   User-Forms?                                                                           |
|------------>
| Gesendet   |
| von:       |
|------------>
  |opencms-dev-bounces at opencms.org                                                                                                                   |

Hi Frank,

the html form is probably a jsp template and it does not contain any
data of your phone book entry (maybe your phonebook entry elements are
just making use of this template to display the data together with the
input form to allow the user to change the data, but I don't know how
you configured your xsd/content type here).
Your phonebook entry elements are files that contain the actual data,
and it's xml structure is defined by your phoneBookEntry.xsd.

Below is a code snippet:

Locale locale = Locale.GERMAN;
String dataDir = "path/to/phonebook/_data/";
String filename = "/" + dataDir + "entry." +
Calendar.getInstance().getTimeInMillis() + ".html"; // or use any other
logic to create the file name

CmsObject cmsObject =
OpenCms.initCmsObject(OpenCms.getDefaultUsers().getUserGuest());
cmsObject.loginUser("AdminOrOtherUserWithWorkplacePermission",
"HisPassword");
cmsObject.getRequestContext().setSiteRoot(OpenCms.getSiteManager().getDefaultSite().getSiteRoot());

cmsObject.getRequestContext().setCurrentProject(cmsObject.readProject("942c4f84-e610-11dd-8e8a-85b622eae7ae")

);  // <-- needs to be UUID of the offline project

CmsResource document = cmsObject.createResource(filename , 1011);   //
<--- 1011 just an example, this id the ID of your phonebook-entry.xsd
(as of opencms-modules.xml)
CmsXmlContent xmlContent = CmsXmlContentFactory.unmarshal(cmsObject,
document, request);
xmlContent.getValue("Title", locale,0).setStringValue(cmsObject,
request.getParameter("title")) ;     // depending on your form
validation, you might need to check for NULL values here
xmlContent.getValue("FirstName", locale,0).setStringValue(cmsObject,
request.getParameter("firstName"));
xmlContent.getValue("LastName", locale,0).setStringValue(cmsObject,
request.getParameter("lastName"));
// ...

xmlContent.getFile().setContents(xmlContent.marshal());
cmsObject.writeFile(xmlContent.getFile());
cmsObject.unlockResource("/" + dataDir + document.getName());

Regards,
Mathias