[opencms-dev] Problem with Default-Creation of english content on Multi-Language site

Eska sven.kiesow at interone.de
Wed Jun 17 14:43:19 CEST 2009

Hi Guys,

i am developing a multi-language site (English, German, Chinese) and I just
encountered a strange thing with the content-editor in our OpenCms 7.0.5.

I have an XML-Content whre i only want to have the Chinese Locale entered.
German and English Locale should be left empty.

After reopening such an XML-Content for Editing,  The English language is
preselected
and the Chinese Content has been copied into the englisch locale part of the
XML.
After Saving, now English and Chinese Content is present in the XML.

Is that a Bug or a Feature? Can i somehow configure the Editing to not
create a "Default"-Content?

The thing is, I need the possibility to only have chinese content edited,
because i want to determine
through something like

   CmsXmlContent xmlContent = CmsXmlContentFactory.unmarshal(cmsObj,
uriFile);
   List foundLocales = xmlContent.getLocales();
   boolean hasChinese = xmlContent.hasLocale(new Locale("zh"));

if to show a News-Article only on the chinese News-Overview or not.

Thanks,

Eska