[opencms-dev] Upgrading to 7.5 with a setup which removes the /opencms/opencms/ part of the URLs?

Christoph P. Kukulies kuku at physik.rwth-aachen.de
Thu Jun 18 10:25:02 CEST 2009

Hi Manfred,

I'm running Opencms as a Tomcat ROOT app (with stripped off
opencms-prefix) but I'm not using mod-jk but VirtualHosts and different
connectors in server.xml.

I migrated from 7.0.5 to 7.5 during a coffeebreak on the OpenCms.Days in
Cologne on Tuesday :-)

Make a backup copy of your database and your WEB-APP tree at any rate,
first.

Follow the steps in the readme.txt of opencms_upgrade_to_5.5.0.zip

Start the upgrade-Wizard now without the prefix:

http://localhost/update

Enter the correct Admin password (the one that you chose). I did the
mistake to leave the fields as they were preset by the wizard and the
installation failed because it could not connect to the workplace.

When you decide to comment out
# Rebuild search indexes
rebuildAllIndexes

then the installation script throws an exception at the end. No problem,
only looks a bit ugly. That should be intercepted by the installation
script smoothly, I think, but is not a big issue.

Good luck,