[opencms-dev] Large files upload fails

Paul-Inge Flakstad flakstad at npolar.no
Wed Jun 24 17:24:47 CEST 2009

Hi all

I'm pretty sure this question is asked on a regular basis in here, and my apologies for asking it again. I just couldn't find any solution.

OpenCms misbehaves when I try to upload large files. One of two scenarios occur: either 1.) The upload applet closes and no file is visible in the workplace, or 2.) The upload applet closes and the file is visible in the workplace, but a CmsVfsResourceNotFoundException is thrown when I try to view the file.

No exception is thrown during the applet upload. If I disable "Use upload applet", a CmsVfsResourceNotFoundException is thrown.

Now, I've set/checked some values to try and fix the problem:

1.) In my.cnf: max_upload_packet=64M
2.) In opencms-workplace.xml: <maxfileuploadsize>-1</maxfileuploadsize>
3.) In catalina.bat: CATALINA_OPTS="-Xmx256m -Xms8m"

After changing to this, an upload of a 2.7MB .pdf file worked (which didn't work prior to the change), but I still can't upload a 16.0MB .pdf file... Is there anything else I need to check?

Any solution, tip or idea is most welcome.

Cheers,
Paul