[opencms-dev] Script errors in with Firefox 3.5 / Opencms 7.0.5

Christian Steinert christian_steinert at web.de
Mon Jul 6 12:31:39 CEST 2009

Roman Uhlig wrote:
> Unfortunately it seems this does not completely solve the FF 3.5 issue.
> Browsing with the workplace explorer got much better after updating tree.js,
> but it sometimes still "hangs". In my case especially when I click "Level
> Up".

Dear Roman

I also stepped into some more explorer problems with FF3.5
I tried to clean some things up and debug things, but so far, there are
still  issues - sometimes freezes and with some folders I have the
problem, that part of the folder hierarchy is repeatedly added into the
navigation tree on.

So far, I have not been able to track anything down.
The tree function getNodeIdByName still seems to behave somewhat
unpredictably and sometimes does seem to not find folders that are
already loaded. These problems don't seem to be there, if I de-activate
the jit. I have not been  able to pinpoint anything and a few attempts
at changing the code slightly have also not worked around the problem.
When I debugged step by step, then things work properly, but when not
doing that, folders were inserted again, despite existing already,
because getNodeIdByName did not find them, if I was not debugging.
Strange indeed.

Christian