[opencms-dev] Modifying a 302 Response?

John Burbridge jburbridge at salesforce.com
Wed Jul 15 23:51:38 CEST 2009

Thanks for the suggestion, Achim.

What I would like to do (more precisely) is capture the referrer of the request and pass that along to the destination in the query string.

Ie: starting at mydomain.org/mypage I click on a link to foo.org/bar, which is an external link.

Request: foo.org/bar
Response: 302 --> foo.org/baz?ref=mydomain.org/mypage

What I'm trying to do is find the location where the 302 response is generated in OpenCms so I can modify it and append the original referrer to the query string of the destination.

My understanding is that I would have to modify OpenCms itself, right? org.opencms.util.CmsRequestUtil would be useful if I were writing my own code, but in this case I'm trying to modify a standard OpenCms feature...

Does that sound about right? Any suggestions?

Many thanks,
JB