[opencms-dev] Performance Tuning Questions

Christian Steinert christian_steinert at web.de
Sun Jul 19 12:09:09 CEST 2009

> opencms.properties adjustments:
> db.pool.default.maxActive=600
>
> mysql.ini adjustments:
> max_connections=900
P.S. 600 / 900 connections really sounds awfully much to me.
How many parallel users to you have at peak times?

Sadly, I don't know where you would see the number of currently used
connections.

But unless you really know that you need for that many connections, you
might better leave part of that memory to  mysql or OS caching. (Unless
you have a lot of memory to spare anyway). At least mysql could have a
fixed overhead for available connections, even if they are not used. I
know how big that overhead would be though since I did not need such
strong parallelism (we work a lot with static export).

Christian