[opencms-dev] Solved: Unable to read the OpenCms XML configuration, tomcat5.pid Permission denied, scratchDir ... unusable

a.westermann at alkacon.com a.westermann at alkacon.com
Wed Jul 22 11:36:11 CEST 2009

Hi,

the difference is that you are executing tomcat with your current
rights. So if you are root I believe tomcat will run with root
privileges. With rctomcat5 start tomcat will run as user tomcat or
tomcat5. Some permissions on your sles are not correct or too
restrictive for the tomcat user.

Kind Regards,
Achim.

Achim Westermann