[opencms-dev] opencms and tomcat as non root user

Terrance Davis spam1 at genedavis.com
Fri Jul 24 18:18:59 CEST 2009

Does your OpenCms installation have the same owner and group as your
Tomcat that is running it?

I realize Solaris is a bit different than Linux, but when you start
Tomcat from root on Gentoo Linux, Tomcat actually runs as a different
user than root. If OpenCMS was installed as root, usually Tomcat won't
have permissions to use the OpenCMS directories and files. In this
case on Gentoo, you would need to use 'chown' and 'chgrp' to set all
the OpenCMS files and folders to the appropriate users and groups.

Terrance Davis

--
Web Applications Programmer
Institute for Clean and Secure Energy