[opencms-dev] cms:vfs get content of page element

Achim Westermann achim.westermann at gmx.de
Fri Jul 24 19:54:35 CEST 2009

Hi Yves,

> I tried it but in my (probably special) case it did not work. I just get
> no more content rendered as soon as I add the c:set

The <c:set> ... does not render anything. <cms:include>.. Grabs the
content and would render it. <c:set> sets the output of <cms:include>
into a pageContext attribute called "myvar". That's why you can use
${myvar} later in your jsp.

Your page.html is of type "xmlpage"? And has the node "content" in it's
control code?

Also <cms:include> might not return anything if the locale (attribute in
the XML of the included file) is different from the current locale
(aCmsJspActionElement.getRequestContext().getLocale()). Then you could
add the __locale=<languagecode> request parameter nested in the
<cms:include> tag as shown in the Alkacon taglib documentation.

I might not be able to give further answers for over a week. Good luck!

Kind Regards,
Achim.