[opencms-dev] Alkacon OAMP "Module Comments" problems

snatches slapnik at wildentity.com
Sun Aug 2 20:46:17 CEST 2009

I'm in the same boat as the rest of you, and I'm running out of places to
look.  With my comments.xml file in the system folder, here's the error I"m
getting with the comments module:

java.lang.NullPointerException
        at
com.alkacon.opencms.comments.CmsCommentsAccess.isUserCanView(CmsCommentsAccess.java:781)
        at
org.apache.jsp.WEB_002dINF.jsp.offline.system.modules.com_alkacon_opencms_comments.elements.comment_005flist_jsp._jspService(comment_005flist_jsp.java:103)
        at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:98)
        at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:331)

While the comments module loads initially, this error is being in the
comments_list.jsp file that's called when the first ajax post is initiated.
For some reason, the isUserCanView method isn't able to complete it's call.
This error occurs in both OpenCms versions 7.0.5 and 7.5.0.

I am grasping at straws here, so here's a question: Of the people having
problems with this module, did you install OpenCms via the WAR file Alkacon
provides, or did you compile from source at any point?  I'm wondering if
this is the case as I installed both of my versions of OpenCms from source.
Maybe there's something in the source that's causing this problem?