[opencms-dev] Problems with Umlaute in workplace.properties files (OpenCms 7.5)

] Code Create [ Bernd Wolfsegger bw at code-create.com
Thu Aug 6 20:43:56 CEST 2009

Hi all, hi Alkacon,

I encountered problems with Umlaute in workplace.properties files.
My whole environment (SuSE 11.0, OpenCms 7.5, MySql 5..., Tomcat 6..., Java 6)
is UTF-8 based.
Nevertheless, when I use Umlaute for label definition values in a
workplace.properties file, as for example in Überschrift, these will be rendered
as strange characters in the labels when editing a file with such an Überschrift
label in the workplace. (Well, that was a long sentence ...)
Umlaute are displayed correctly when I edit the workplace.properties itself.
Also Umlaute in the content are displayed correctly when rendered.

Any hints or ideas what I'm doing wrong, or is it a bug?

Kind regards, Bernd