[opencms-dev] access to CmsObject - Spring and OpenCms

Christian Steinert christian_steinert at web.de
Fri Aug 7 09:10:31 CEST 2009

Jonathan Woods wrote

> Maybe Christian meant OpenCms.  Anyway, there's effectively new instance of
> CmsObject for each request, not least because CmsObject holds a reference to
> CmsRequestContext.

Yes - sorry, I was not precise. There are multiple instances of
CmsObject per application context, but internally they make use of an
object called CmsObject. That object is a singleton and because of this,
some help from inside the opencms webapp is needed to get a callable
opencms environment from a different web application or a different
servlet in the same web app.

Best Regards
Christian