[opencms-dev] problem changein Admin password

Mathias Lin | SYSVISION mail at mathiaslin.com
Thu Aug 20 11:44:34 CEST 2009

The sql statement doesn't work because the password are stored encrypted.
You need to encrypt them:
md5('some_password')

Which encryption is being used - you can see in opencms-system.xml, which is
md5 by default.

    <passwordhandler class="org.opencms.security.CmsDefaultPasswordHandler">
      <encoding>UTF-8</encoding>
      <digest-type>MD5</digest-type>

Christoph P. Kukulies wrote:

> Yesterday I upgraded a site to 7.5.0 (my own playground site) and since it
> was
> late in the night I had to leave it with the CMS login banner. Someone
> must have tried to break in (I changed the Admin password though in the
> first place) but this morning I could not log in anymore.
>
> I then did an
>
>  update cms_users set user_password='some_password' where
> user_name='Admin';
>
> in mysql. But I still cannot login. The first login with the new
> password fails and a subsequent tells me that the account is closed for
> a certain time and I should try again later.
>
> How can I get arround this?

-----
Mathias Lin
SYSVISION Ltd., China