[opencms-dev] Prevent clearing FlexCache while publishing

Milan Kadrle milan.kadrle at qbizm.cz
Fri Aug 21 15:52:46 CEST 2009

Hello all,

from log analysis we found out that we have a problem that could arise
from very frequent publishing which clears whole FlexCache.
We would like to prevent OpenCms from clearing FlexCache automatically
so often and instead of that prepare a scheduled job, which would clear
the FlexCache.

My question is how to achieve this. Is the only way to prevent clearing
the cache on every publish event to modify cmsEvent() method in the
CmsFlexCache class?

Initiation of FlexCache clearing in a job could be done by
    OpenCms.fireCmsEvent(new
CmsEvent(I_CmsEventListener.EVENT_CLEAR_CACHES, Collections.EMPTY_MAP));
Correct?

Project is built on OpenCms 6.2.3, three OpenCms instances in a cluster.

Thanks in advance

--
Milan Kadrle
Qbizm technologies, a.s.  ... the art of information.