[opencms-dev] Change locale on NavText

Paul-Inge Flakstad flakstad at npolar.no
Mon Aug 24 21:54:14 CEST 2009

Hi

The navigation text is stored as and read from a property. When you have a multilanguage setup, the convention is to have one top-level folder for all contents of each language, with the "locale" property set to the two-letter language code ("en" and "de", for example, for english and german).

Furthermore, the convention for having a multilanguage page is to create the page inside one language folder, then copy it as a sibling to other language folders. One important fact here: siblings can have individual property values - like the "NavText" property, while the content is shared (but split into language sections, which makes it possible to swap languages when editing).

If you have followed this convention, you should have the navigation texts display in the correct language - depending on which one of the siblings you're viewing.

HTH

-Paul