[opencms-dev] Elements don't show up in the list in a new project

Lorenzo Sala troubador at gmail.com
Tue Aug 25 15:27:46 CEST 2009

Hello there Achim!
Thanx for the info. I created a new module in Module Management and then I
tried to use the example templates I found on the cms site. It still works
all in a strange way, sometimes some modules don't show up in the list.
Right now, using this template when I edit a test page that uses it I only
see the "foot" element and no body.

This is the test template I'm using :

<%@ page session="false" %><%@ taglib prefix="cms"
uri="http://www.opencms.org/taglib/cms" %><cms:template
element="head"><!doctype html public "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01
escapeHtml="true" /></title><meta HTTP-EQUIV="CONTENT-TYPE"
CONTENT="text/html; CHARSET=<cms:property name="content-encoding"
default="ISO-8859-1" />"><link type="text/css" rel="stylesheet"
href="<cms:link>../resources/mystyle.css</cms:link>"><cms:editable />

</head>

<h2>My first template head</h2>

<!-- Main page body starts here -->
</cms:template>

<cms:template element="body">
<cms:include element="body" editable="true"/></cms:template><cms:template
element="foot"><!-- Main page body ends here --><h2>My first template
foot</h2></body></html></cms:template>

When I assign the template to a test page if I open the page in edit mode I
see only the module "foot" and no body. I tried declaring the elements both
in the template and in the page adding "body*|foot" to the voice
"template-elements" but I keep on seing only the foot element.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanx for the help.