[opencms-dev] cms:link question moving application between servers

Pablo mrfedorento at gmail.com
Mon Aug 31 17:19:50 CEST 2009

Hello list.

I copied an opencms application and corresponding database from a server
into my local machine in order to make some changes.

On the application running on the server, the path returned by the cms:link
tag is an IP such as http://192.168.0.21/, which points to the VFS running
on the server's application.

On my local copy cms:link tag returns http://localhost:8080/.

What should I do to get cms:link to return the path to my VFS, i.e.
http://localhost:8080/opencms/opencms/?

I cannot get in touch with the person who put the application on the server.
I have been reading through the documentation of cms:link tag and CmsLink
API. Also tried modifying the site configuration in opencms-system.xml and
googled for opencms-vfs.xml but no success. Can anyone point me in the right
path, please?