[opencms-dev] Naming conventions

Paul-Inge Flakstad flakstad at npolar.no
Sun Sep 6 14:55:48 CEST 2009

Hi

Just a silly question really: I've never seen the naming convention used in OpenCms, with the "m_" prefix on member variables, used in Java before. Is this a commonly used naming convention in Java? Should I follow it when writing code which may be contributed to OpenCms? If so, is this the convention below the correct one?

   1. member variables are prefixed with m_
   2. static variables are prefixed with s_
   3. global variables are prefixed with g_

Thanks,
Paul