[opencms-dev] Error starting up OpenCms

gisleno_fernandez at ieci.es gisleno_fernandez at ieci.es
Fri Sep 18 18:00:43 CEST 2009

Hello

We have the following error on Tomcat start up:

18 sep 2009 16:14:37,201 ERROR [rg.opencms.main.CmsThreadStore: 238]
Excepción en el Grim Reaper durante el chequeo del estado del proceso
publicado.
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at
org.opencms.publish.CmsPublishManager.getCurrentPublishJob(CmsPublishManager.java:187)
        at org.opencms.main.CmsThreadStore.run(CmsThreadStore.java:206)

OpenCms lost the DB connection caused by a communication problem, so some
publish jobs were interrupted. When Tomcat was restarted we had this
problem and OpenCms didn't start.

Maybe it's a problem of data inconsistency in CMS_PUBLISH_JOBS and
CMS_PUBLISH_HISTORY tables.

We are using OpenCms 7.5.0, JDK 6, Tomcat 6 with mod_jk and Apache 2. The
DB is SQL Server.

Thanks in advance
Este mensaje, y en su caso, cualquier fichero anexo al mismo, puede
contener informacion confidencial, siendo para uso exclusivo del
destinatario, quedando prohibida su divulgacion copia o  distribucion a
terceros sin la autorizacion expresa del remitente. Si Vd. ha recibido
este mensaje erroneamente, se ruega lo  notifique al remitente y
proceda a su borrado.
Gracias por su colaboracion.

information. It is intended for use by the recipient only. Any
dissemination, copying or distribution to third parties without the
express consent of the sender is strictly prohibited. If you have
received this message in error, please delete it immediately and
notify the sender.
Thank you for your collaboration.