[opencms-dev] Problem with captcha in OpenCMS 7.0.4 emailfom with standard template

Holger Kunicke holger.kunicke at av-studio.de
Fri Sep 25 10:59:12 CEST 2009

Hello List,

I want configure an captcha in an emailform. But there I can't select an
preset (the select field is empty), although there exists in
"/system/workplace/admin/captcha/".
Okay, I'm try to test the form without an preset (deactivation of select
field):
1. the first generation of the emailform is right
2. also, the recognition of an false typed string is right
3. but I'get an error, if the typed string is true: "Invalid ID, could
not validate unexisting or already validated captcha":

com.octo.captcha.service.CaptchaServiceException: Invalid ID, could not
validate unexisting or already validated captcha
    at
com.octo.captcha.service.AbstractCaptchaService.validateResponseForID(AbstractCaptchaService.java:138)
    at
com.octo.captcha.service.AbstractManageableCaptchaService.validateResponseForID(AbstractManageableCaptchaService.java:365)
    at
org.opencms.frontend.templateone.form.CmsCaptchaField.validateCaptchaPhrase(CmsCaptchaField.java:216)

My questions:
Is the empty select field in email form configuration an notice of the
core issue of the problem?
Is this problem typical with the version 7.0.4 of OpenCMS an does I need
an update, or can I repair this ?
Does I really need a preset for the captcha?

Thx for every helpful answer!

Kind Regards
Holger

Holger Kunicke
Webentwickler

AV-Studio Kommunikationsmedien GmbH Halle
Kurallee 13
D-06114 Halle (Saale)

Tel.: +49 (0) 345 20 999 -0
Fax:  +49 (0) 345 20 999 -20