[opencms-dev] Escaping commas as delimiters

mvarshavsky mvarshavsky at gmail.com
Fri Sep 25 20:20:37 CEST 2009

Claus Priisholm wrote:

> The problem is that the individual values are not escaped. Ideally your
> example value should end up something like this in the XML file:
> '"A","B,B1"' (or a similar approach to escape special characters). As it
> is, you cannot have values with commas without getting into trouble.

Right - I guess I was just hoping it would be on opencms to do the escaping,
it's a little presumptuous of it to go w/ CSV... anyway, the realization I
came to is that in my case there's no good way around changing existent
content (which I was really trying to avoid), because it's already at a
point of being non-deterministic.

In case somebody runs into a similar situation, the solution I think I'm
settling on is to have only variable-style named values in the schema and
then key off of that to grab the real display values from a properties file.
That should also help w/ i18n.

Thanks for the responses!