[opencms-dev] Alkacon newsletter admin performance

Mike Dikan dikeman at gmail.com
Fri Oct 2 03:47:18 CEST 2009

Hello,

I am using opencms 7.0.5 and the oamp newsletter module 1.0.1, and
have migrated into opencms a newsletter user base of roughly 100,000
users.  I am running into some serious performance issues in the
newsletter admin page for 'subscriber management' and find that it
takes in the 10's of minutes for these pages to load.  At first I
thought that I might be able to speed things up on the DB side by
adding some indices, but that turned out to be a dead end, as
everything that should be indexed already is. Watching the database
logs, it looks like the subscriber page is loading all of the data in
the 'CMS_USERDATA' table for all of the users, not just the current
result-set.  Has anyone else run into this problem and found a good
way to speed things up?

Thanks,
Mike