[opencms-dev] OP-CMS 7.5.1, glassfish and multidomain

Per-Olof Widström per-olof.widstrom at splendid.se
Fri Oct 2 13:42:47 CEST 2009

I the release notes for 7.5.1 I saw that there were support for glassfish.

Since Glassfish is using nio (non blocking io) the need for using apache
in front of  it is far less then for tomcat. We are considering letting
glassfish listen directly on port 80.

To be able to use open cms for several sites the documentation says one
needs to have one connector, listening on a unique port, for each site.

Can open cms figure out which site a request is meant for by examining
the request for a domain-name, or does the container have to listen to
different ports to help opencms decide what site to serve content from?

regards
pow