[opencms-dev] Integrate OpenCms with another website code base

G. Sharon Yang okghyang at gmail.com
Mon Oct 5 20:07:43 CEST 2009

Hello, Everyone,

I tried to search the current archive before I post this question and
didn't find anything similar.

I am investigating content management systems and see if I can find
one that we could integrate into our permissions scheme and allow
certain users to perform updates to the marketing web pages and all
other files served by the web server.   OpenCms seems a popular java
CMS, so I started from it. I am successfully installing it and running
it from tomcat 6/webapps/opencms.  Since we already have our own code
base, I need to find out if OpenCms can be 'attached' to our own
website (tomcat 6/webapps/ROOT/en). I added a symbolic link:

ln -s .../tomcat 6/webapps/opencms  ../tomcat 6/webapps/ROOT/en

I am expecting to run opencms using the following url:

https://company_main_domain/en/opencms

However, this is not working. The symbolic link feature was already
enabled in tomcat/config file.

My question here is: can I access opencms using the above symbolic
link method (it's like to attach opencms to another website code
base)?

Thanks,

Sharon