[opencms-dev] obtaining the current URL of the calling page

Christoph P. Kukulies kuku at physik.rwth-aachen.de
Thu Oct 15 09:58:01 CEST 2009

I have "page with free text" object which has a jsp template behind it.
The jsp has html code for building a form in it and invokes another jsp
which evaluates the form (checks for mandatory fields and plausibility).

In case some fields were not filled in I would like to invoke the same
page with a parameter (or a list of paramters) indicating which fields
were not filled in correctly.

(I would then frame the required fields in red or something)
Anyway, I need a mechanism to find out the URL of the
"page with free text" that has that form jsp template.

When I do something like

 CmsJspActionElement cms = new CmsJspActionElement(pageContext, request, response);
 String thisurl = cms.info("opencms.url");

I'm getting the URL of the jsp.

Thanks for helping.