[opencms-dev] URL handling

] Code Create [ Bernd Wolfsegger bw at code-create.com
Sun Oct 18 13:47:14 CEST 2009

Hi Christian,

Regarding 404 and 500 errors (and if you like some more) have a look here:

http://www.code-create.de/somefilethatdowesnotexist.html

All you need is already there in OpenCms.
Have a look at the /workplace/handler folder.
There you have to customize the handle404.html and handle500.html to your needs.
You can than e.g. use an included structured content and a related jsp (as usual
with structured content) to display fully configurable error pages.
For the 500er you have to change the corresponding entry in the web.xml so that
it looks like the one for the 404.

Hope that helps.

Kind regards, Bernd