[opencms-dev] URL handling

Christian Steinert christian_steinert at web.de
Mon Oct 19 11:29:23 CEST 2009

> Hi Christian!
>
> For mapping URLs to Resources you can use a Resource init handler.
> For an example, see org.opencms.main.CmsPermalinkResourceHandler

Dear Michael

Thank you very much - this looks  extremely interesting.

For all: in opencms-system.xml, there are several resource handlers that
are predefined with the possibility to configure additional handlers. A
resource init handler is a class that responsible for mapping a
requested URL to a resource in opencms. All handlers are called in
sequence, which means that an additional URL scheme can be added without
affecting existing functionality.

This looks very simple to use and quite elegant. I like this a lot.
This is exactly what I was looking for.

thanks and regards
Christian